The subject of the postgraduate program is the research in Computer Science and Informatics, with the ultimate goal of specializing postgraduate students in cutting-edge research topics, in the subjects treated by the School of Digital Technology. The program aims to provide high-level knowledge, and develop research skills, in order to enhance the students research background in the basic subjects taught at the undergraduate level, and to guide them towards research and the job market with enhanced knowledge and skills in the fields it addresses.
At a glance
Duration● For full-time postgraduate students, the minimum duration of study is 18 months, corresponding to three (3) academic semesters, of which the second and third are devoted to the preparation of the thesis.
● For part-time postgraduate students, the above times are doubled accordingly, according to article 33, paragraph 2 of law 4485/2017. Accordingly, for part-time studies, the thesis is carried out after the second semester and lasts for 4 semesters.
Tuition fees● The Postgraduate Program (MPhil in Computer Science and Informatics) requires payment of tuition fees in the amount of 1,000 euros for the entire duration of study. Candidates who are selected, after completing their enrollment, have the right, after the start of the academic year, to submit an application for exemption from the obligation to pay tuition fees in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation.
MPhil Program Objectives
The objectives of the MPhil program are the development of research and the preparation of specialized scientists for doctoral studies, the training of specialized scientists in research methodologies and modern practices and their application in industrial production and entrepreneurship, the evolution and improvement of specialized individual and occupational skills in the topics covered by the program, and the interconnection of the participants with research within and outside the institution. This will be done in collaboration with national and international research centers, businesses, institutional state structures, and tertiary education institutions dealing with the issues of the MPhil program. Through a modern educational program and utilizing modern and asynchronous (distance) education techniques, the MPhil program aims to:
● Promotion of knowledge, development of research, and preparation of specialized scientists for postgraduate and doctoral studies in the country or abroad.
● Training of specialized scientists in research methodologies and modern practices and their application in industrial production and entrepreneurship.
● Evolution and improvement of specialized individual and professional skills on issues addressed by the program.
● Connection of participants with research within and outside the Institution, in collaboration with other Universities, Research Centers, Enterprises, and Institutional State Structures at national and international level.
The MPhil program covers topics related to interdisciplinary research in Computer Science and Informatics and emphasizes cutting-edge research fields related to Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing, Data Science, Embedded Systems and Robotics, Systems Security and Cryptography, and more.
By focusing on the fundamental principles of research in Computer Science and Informatics, it aims to provide high-level knowledge of the cognitive subjects included in these fields, and to enhance the research background of students in the basic subjects taught at the undergraduate level in Computer Science and Informatics departments. It aims primarily to guide them towards research and secondarily towards the job market with enhanced knowledge and skills in the fields covered by the program.
The students of the MPhil program will acquire significant knowledge and skills in order to:
● Conduct high-level research in cutting-edge areas of Computer Science and Informatics such as artificial intelligence and machine learning, data management and knowledge discovery, modern cloud-edge architectures, etc.
● Apply the research results by designing and implementing innovative solutions that promote competitiveness and have a direct impact on society and businesses.
● Approach the design, development and management of information systems holistically, with emphasis on modern dimensions such as security and privacy, scalability, reliability, transparency, digital equivalents, etc.
● Actively promote the interdisciplinary nature of Computer Science by applying their knowledge to different scientific fields such as Social and Humanistic Sciences, Health Sciences, etc.
You can find more information in the Regulation of the MPhil program (in English) and its official establishment act in the Government Gazette (in Greek) below.